Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wisdom Teeth Pulled on Monday!!!?

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out on Monday! More then likely! I am really nervous! I'm 17 and there like not even that far above my gums and I'm really nervous! If you've had this done please tell me what they do! I know I've asked a question like this before! Thank you and have a nice day!

Wisdom Teeth Pulled on Monday!!!?
I had mine pulled a few years ago when I was your age. I was knocked out with anestechia for the whole thing. When I woke up I didn't remember anything besides counting backwards from 100 (don't stand up fast after the operation.. you might get dizzy.. you will need someone to drive you home). They give you a lot of novacane so it doesn't start feeling achy until a few hours later. Usually they will perscribe you pain killers (vicodin) have your caretaker pick it up right away so you can start taking it as soon as you feel pain. It might bleed a little at first, just keep gauze pads handy. You will look like a chipmunk for a day or two so get some movies and just stay in. Just eat apple sauce and mashed potatoes for a few days. Make sure you do the salt %26amp; water rinses too so you don't get dry socket. You'll be fine!! Lots of people get theirs out everyday.
Reply:I got mine pulled two weeks ago over spring break. They put you to sleep with the laughing gas(thats the most fun part of the whole thing) and normally it takes about 45 min but it took me 2 hrs because mine are still under the gums. After that, don't be shocked if when you get up you feel like your gonna pass out. You might, I did. It won't be such a pain the first nigh but the next three nights for me, I think I got two hours of sleep. It's like no pain you have ever experienced. Don't drink out of a straw. You will get a dry socket. And those are supposed to hurt non stop until you go to the Dr. person. After about a week, they might hurt a little but not a lot. Mine are a little sore when I eat. Good luck!



acne scar

No comments:

Post a Comment